Welcome

Welcome to my Earth Art blog. Enjoy! --Kelsey Robinson

Monday, October 25, 2010

Natural Pier and a hidden journey

I needed to clear my head one day, and it was suggested to me that I should head to Buckroe Beach, so off I went.  When I arrived, I was pleased to see that it wasn't to busy, and I could walk around and really think.  I never go anywhere without a camera, and it turned out to be a good thing.  In some ways the following photo reminds me of a very basic idea from which the Spiral Jetty came about...
This photo maay be hard to make out for all its detail on the blog, but I will see if I can point them all out.  I love to hunt for shells while walking on the beach, but as I was walking this time, I noticed a line in the sand, and although faint, it led to the water's edge.  Ironically, the red and green seaweed/leaves that are to the right of the line look a bit like a turtle when you look at it the right way.  This made me think of the paths in life, whether it be a baby turtle making its way to the ocean, or a line made in the ground by an artist walking back and forth...

1 comment:

  1. Nice ... we should all use these places more that are actually so close to us ... I love jettys ...

    ReplyDelete