Welcome

Welcome to my Earth Art blog. Enjoy! --Kelsey Robinson

Monday, October 25, 2010

Nature's own art


I took these pictures in 2009, but I have been working on my final project, and I keep thinking about ice and how cool natural art can be, when humans really don't have anything to do with it. 
 During the winter of 09 it got so cold here in Richmond that the fountain in the pond in my backyard froze while it was running.  I love the shape that resulted. 

I have always loved to look at ice and water and what it can do.  I don't know if it is because of the natural beauty alone, or a combination of that and my predisposition with ice since I have been a figure skater since I was 5 years old.  Not to mention, as a photography nut, I enjoy finding things that I may only see once and photographing it.

I love the way that the water running over parts that had already frozen created shapes that resembled smooth stones that had been smoothed by water.  I wish this class was in the winter so that we could create ice sculptures for our final projects...

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you looked back at some of your photography and noticed some natural Earth Art!

    ReplyDelete