Welcome

Welcome to my Earth Art blog. Enjoy! --Kelsey Robinson

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Wearable Earth Art

I was checking my e-mail last night and as I normally do, I looked through the news stories on Yahoo!.  There was a great little slideshow of the dresses done by Robin Barcus Slonina, an installation and performance artist.  She is keeping a blog of her own called States of Dress, where the progress of her project can be followed.  (stateofdress.blogspot.com)
Slonina is touring the USA and constructing and modeling her pieces.  While the dress from Chicago, IL is not really earthy in the sense of the other dresses, but I really love the way Slonina takes nature from certain states and has made it into wearable art.  I hadn't even thought about making some sort of fashion piece as a part of this course.  Because of copyrights, you just need to click the following link to view the fashions.  http://www.robinbarcus.com/Home.html 



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Fashion and earth art combined! I really liked how she emphasized height in some of her dresses. If someone was not wearing the dresses, they would blend in with the natural environment.

    ReplyDelete